Often, when creating documents, there is text or formatting that you want to use over and over again.
For example, you want to create a signature that has been made before or you want to enter the format of the page or cover that you have previously created.
Microsoft Word provides a tool called Quick Parts for creating and saving text or formatting that you want to use later.
To create Quick Parts, do the following:
- Type the text you want to save, including text formatting, line formatting, and others. For example like the example below:
Publisher Development Manager for Marketing Dept, ABC Inc.
- Format the text and select the text (block) you want to save.
- Then go to the Insert tab -> Quick Parts
- Access the Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery…
- Fill in the name in the Name: column
- Select Gallery, Category and Fill in the Descriptions
- When finished, click the OK button.
To use Quick Parts do the following:
- Place the cursor, where you want the text to be.
- Access the Insert tab -> Quick Parts -> Building Blocks Organizer…
- In the Building Blocks Organizer window, select the Quick Parts that you previously created. Choose the one named Lina Diska. After that click on the Insert button.
In addition to making Quick Parts for signatures like the example above, you can also create Quick Parts with text formatting, color, and bold according to other needs, including for Cover, Paging, tables, and many more like the example below:
Example of Paging:
- Pros and Cons of Microsoft 365 for Your Project - November 9, 2020
- The Main Purpose of Official Project Scheduling - October 17, 2020
- RACI Matrix: Defenition, Benefits and How to Create - October 11, 2020