To create an activity, the first step that can be done is to go to the Activities page.
On the Activity page, click the Add button to add an activity. After that, the New Activity window will appear. The Activity ID is automatically filled with the default auto-numbering that we configured earlier (when creating the Project).
Activity ID can still be changed if needed. Continue by filling in the Activity Name field.
You can click the Finish button (fill in other data later) or continue to fill in the data by clicking the Next button.
If you click the Next button, then select the appropriate WBS (see activity table above).
Next select Activity Type.
Then click Next. For now, ignore the Assign Resources option and click Next.
Next, select Duration Type. Select by default. Then click Finish.
In addition to the above method, you can also fill in activity data through Activity Details which you can display by going to the View menu -> Show on Bottom -> Details.
You can fill in the detailed data as shown below (go to the General tab):
Make sure all activities with type Task Dependent use the following data:
- Activity Calendar: 5 days workweek w / basic holidays – practice
- Duration Type: Fixed Duration & Units
- Percent Complete Type: Physical, except for HP1290 and HP1310 using Percent Complete Type: Duration.
Make sure all activities with the type Start Milestone or Finish Milestone use the following data:
• Activity Calendar: 5 days workweek w / basic holidays – practice
• Duration Type: Fixed Duration & Units/Time
• % Complete Type: Physical
You can also fill in the data by filling in the column in the activity table. To display data fields, right-click on the table header and then enter each data field.
Move the column with the arrows right or left.
Continue to fill in the Activity data until it is finished, according to the activity table above. The result is as follows.
Adding Activity Details (Step)
In Primavera, you can break down an activity into several more detailed activities. Suppose you want to break up Site Preparation activities into:
- Coordination with Authority
- Install Fence
You also need to divide the weight of each job that has been detailed into (example):
Site Preparation (HP1100):
- Coordination with Authority (30%)
- Mobilization (30%)
- Install Fence (40%)
Total work weight 100%.
On primavera, you can divide it in the following way:
- Click on one of the activities whose weight will be broken down; for example, click on Site Preparation (HP1100).
- In the activity details section, select the Steps tab.
- Click the Add button to add a Step (activity details).
- Fill in the detailed activity name in the Step Name column. If the column does not already exist, you can add a column by right-clicking on the header of the Steps section. Click Customize Steps Columns…
Then select the column you want to display:
- Fill in the Step weight in the Step Weight column. The Step Weight entry is adjusted to the weight of each activity step with a total of 100%. The following is a picture of how to fill in Step results in Site Preparation activities:
Continue to read How to add Activities Relationship.