By using Asana, teams can collaborate more effectively and make decisions faster to increase work productivity.
From the product view, it can be seen that Asana focuses on ease of use and team collaboration, eliminating the complexity of previous applications.
As of this writing, in Oct 2021, more than 100,000 paid subscription organizations and millions of companies rely on Asana to manage their work. They are starting from company goals to digital transformation to product and marketing transformation.
In the free version, users get basic functionality, search and archive, and use up to 15 team members.
Users get more advanced features such as reporting, timeline, unlimited dashboards, and unlimited team members for $10.99 per user per month in the premium version.
For teams that need more control, the enterprise version of Asana gives you priority help, SAML support, and more reliable data archiving and security.
How Asana Work
Teamwork initiatives are easier to manage using Asana. You can assign tasks to your coworkers, add them as task followers, share projects with them, or include them in the comments to stay in the loop.
Asana is aimed at reducing the need for email and spreadsheets to collaborate and communicate around projects.
If you have notes or experiences about the activity being done, you can share them by adding a description and adding attached files to the published Task.
You and your team can follow the Task’s progress, perform tracking (search), sort tasks by priority, create workflows, receive update notifications, and complete tasks.
You will receive notifications regarding the tasks you have assigned or the projects you are involved in.
Asana empowers teams to plan, coordinate, and track the progress of every teammate’s tasks. Multiple workspaces give you a place to organize multiple teams, projects, and tasks and keep track of progress.
Main Feature Asana
For basic type users, you will get the following features:
- Unlimited Task, Project and Messages
- Activity Log
- File Storage
- Collaborate with up to 15 teammates
- Time Tracking with Integrations
- 100+ free integrations
- Project brief
- iOS and Android Application
Premium ($ 10.99)
Basic + additional features:
- Unlimited Dashboard
- Reporting across unlimited Project
- Advanced search
- Custom fields
- Unlimited free guest
- Date and times
- Task template
- Admin Console
- Private teams & Projects
Business ($ 24.99)
Premium + additional features:
- Custom rules builder
- Forms branching & customization
- Approvals: Approve, Request changes or Reject
- Lock custom fields
- Upper-level integrations among Salesforce, Adobe Creative Cloud, Tableau, Power BBI
Before deciding to use Asana, it is also necessary to hear people’s opinions that have used this application. What do they consider good advantages, and what do they think less of this application.
The following is a rating review taken from SoftwareAdvice, which can be used as reference material for the Asana application.
In the picture above, the majority of Asana users gave positive reviews on this application.
Of the 9998 reviews, 56% gave it 5 stars, 34% 4 stars, 8% 3 stars, 1% 2 stars and 1 stars.
User Corporate Industries
- Education Management
- Marketing and Advertising
- Information Technology
- Higher Education
- Non-Profit Organization
- Religious Institution
- Financial Services
- Executive Office
Overall the majority of Asana user companies have a staff of fewer than 100 people. The following are the sizes of companies that use Asana:
Reason to Use Asana
- Keeping the Team on Task.
- Practical to manage the daily Task and Project.
- Set task priority easily.
- Simplified teamwork with improved transparency.
- Help stay organized and on track; it’s not always perfect, but it’s constantly improving.
- The best option for those who want a free tool.
- Great free tool.
- Helpful team collaborator and task management tool for startups.
- Favorite Kanban Product.
- My go-to productivity app for EVERYTHING.
- Expanded Trello.
- One of the complete Project Management.
- Can collaborate on projects and task easily.
- Increasing effectiveness in planning and tracking a project progress.
- Deploying a complex project is possible with the help of the Kanban method.
- Can visualize the activities that related to the Project.
- Resource space has an unlimited size that we can add to the Project.
- The Gantt chart let us plan a project effectively as we can visualize the activities.
- The messenger hub helping to the team to communicate better.
- Repetitive daily Task also one of the best features that can be done with this software.
- Asana can only handle a basic project, not a complex Project.
Asana is an application that focuses more on team collaboration to manage daily tasks. Asana’s appearance is also made light so that it is easy to manage by users who are not very tech-savvy. Applications Projects that are more complex require more infrastructure and are relatively expensive.
If you only need a light application to manage a small to the medium team, Asana is one of the recommended choices.
- It cannot be used to assign a single task to multiple users.
- It cannot easily use on mobile devices.
- Emails bombarding can disturb users but can not deactivate the notification selectively on asana settings.
You can make settings to limit incoming emails. You do this by going through the Profile menu -> My Settings. Then access the Notifications tab.
Notifications can be organized by time, user, type (update, add a new task, messages, etc.), specific email, etc.
- There shall be a possibility to remove people from teams and projects easier.
- The Portfolio functionality being on the Business tier – having to enrol team members to the Business tier.
- Limitation of integration that can be linked with this software.
- Limitation Live Support.
- Not so easy to add in dates to recurring tasks.
- It doesn’t have enough tools for cost and time tracking for wages etc. calculation.
- Everyone has a full view of all my tasks.
- Disturbing colourful banner asking you to upgrade to the Business Plan.
- It does not work with Google Aliases.
- Some of the features that not covered by the video tutorial.
The reviews above are reviews from users that I took the quotes from at SoftwareAdvice. The reviews above are not necessarily the same as other users. It still needs to be rechecked whether it is currently valid on the application because Asana also regularly updates several times a year.
Switch from Previous Application
- Click Up
The basic idea behind Asana is simple: The software lets you group projects into tasks, assign tasks to team members, provide detailed visibility into task progress, and trigger different actions depending on various steps of the workflow.
So if you need a centralized place to track your workflow, assign tasks to teams, keep everyone on the same page, or just track progress on some of your projects, Asana is a good choice.