Did you know that after completing a degree in business administration and management, taking an MBA in the United States can be the perfect path to expert Business and the success of your professional project?
The MBA or Masters in Business Administration and Management is an academic postgraduate degree in Business.
MBA programs usually have different formats, mainly depending on whether an official university master’s degree, which generally lasts two years, or if a private institution offers it. It will depend on the prestige and reputation, quality of the program, professional opportunities, and its focus and international projections.
The MBA will allow you to get to know the business environment in-depth at the level of competition and new trends.
This program will strengthen managerial knowledge and skills, master management techniques and internal company functionality, and function efficiently and successfully in a competitive and changing environment.
The MBA programs also aims to know how to manage a company, run it, and adapt strategies to market conditions and competition.
We have prepared the following information to help you make an informed decision about which MBA to choose and at which institution in the United States to do so.
Of course, the choice tailored to your needs will be the right choice.
Harvard University – Massachusetts
The profile of MBA students seeking Harvard University (ranked first in the World University Rankings) can be summarized in these points:
Leadership: in the classroom or Business.
Analytical talent and ambition: discussions and debates are instantly appreciated and worked on.
Commitment to Community: they seek students with high ethical standards and respect for others.
In terms of MBA financing, it will depend on:
- Various forms of financing are available:
- General interest scholarships: tailored to different origins and interests. or General Scholarship. or loans.
- External financing.
- Education loans are offered by the Harvard University Employee Credit Union.
- Need-based scholarships.
- General Interest Scholarship.
The admission process consists of 3 steps:
1. Written request:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- GMAT or GRE + TOEFL, IELTS or iBT test results
- An essay
- Harvard policy acceptance
- cost $250
3. Reflection and analysis
More information is here.
Remember that something that is highly valued at Stanford is your previous training and desire to want to learn and develop both professionally and personally.
Good preparation in high school and college will open the doors for you in an easier way.
On the other hand, you must remember that to be accepted into a graduate program, each school makes its own evaluation. More information is here.
Don’t forget that Stanford University is the birthplace of companies like Hewlett-Packard, Cisco Systems, Yahoo!, Google, and Sun Microsystems, and twenty-seven Nobel Prize winners were formed.
North American Citizens:
- GSB Scholarships
- Charles P. Bonini Partnership Scholarship for Diversity (P4D)
- Stanford USA MBA Scholarships
- Foreign Scholarships
- Corporate Sponsors
- Yellow Ribbon Program (for military candidates)
- Equal scholarships for citizens
- Loans for international students
- Corporate sponsors
- Finanzas Prodigy, without the need for collateral
- Star One Credit Union – International Line of Credit. More information is here.
There are several steps to sign in:
1. Attend reception events both physically and online.
2. Complete the form via the Internet.
3. Personal interview organized by the University.
Also, read about 10 Free Certified Professional Online Courses on LinkedIn.
University of Chicago–Illinois
The business school at the University of Chicago is called the Booth School of Business.
Except for the quarterly LEAD course, which focuses on essential leadership skills and is mandatory for all students, the advantage of this MBA is that it allows great flexibility in structuring a tailor-made program to suit your needs.
There are various financing programs:
- Merit scholarships: offered both by the University and requested from external entities.
- Scholarships for Chicago Area Students
- Odyssey Scholarship: aimed at families with few resources.
- No Barriers: this is the main financing program where:
- No registration fee
- No loans. It is calculated in the form of a grant.
- Lifelong career support.
More information is here.
The Booth School of Business has four programs:
- Full-Time MBA
- Evening MBA
- Weekend MBA
- Executive MBA
All programs are asked for the same requirements except the last one where there is no interview:
1. An online admission application is made.
Also, read about what is an MBA degree.
University of California Berkeley-California
Haas School of Business is the business school name at UC Berkeley. One of its strengths is the Haas at Work program, which connects universities with students and employers to work on promoting and driving innovation.
The Haas School of Business offers several financing options:
Scholarships: both provided by the University and externally.
- For foreign students
Benefits for Army Veterans. More information is here.
Whether you are already a student or if you are from another entity, the general requirements are:
- Has studied: Mathematics, Economics, and Statistics.
- English: Reading and Grammar.
- If you are already a student, you will be required to have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, and if you are an external student, you will be needed to study Business.
Also, read about 10 Institutions With The Best MBA Programs in The World.
The Yale School of Management aims to train future leaders in business and teaching.
The goals can be summarized in:
- To be the best school integrated with the home University.
- To be a distinct business school throughout the United States.
- Recognized as the best source of successful leaders in all sectors and regions.
When financing an MBA at Yale, you have the following options:
- Merit scholarships: which can be applied by all students.
- External scholarships include industry associations, foundations, fraternal organizations, clubs, sports organizations.
- Sponsorship by employer or company.
Military benefits: Listed under the Post-9/11 Education Assistance Act and the Yellow Ribbon Program, military veterans have special grants.
- Entrepreneurial Scholarship Program.
- Loan Forgiveness Program.
- Apprenticeship Fund: financial assistance for the first years of the internship. Or summer scholarships.
- Financial Support Global Study Requirements.
You can access the complete information here.
Important requirements for US citizens and foreigners are:
- A 4-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited US institution or international equivalent.
- Pass the language fluency test by passing the GMAY or GRE.
- Fill in the application form.
- Write an essay.
- Transcripts from individual colleges and universities.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Conduct video interviews.
- Pay the application fee.
- For foreigners (outside citizens), you will be required to have a student visa and a guaranteed financing source. You can contact their admissions office here.
The following is the testimony of a first-year student from Stanford University:
Master in International Project Management
Another study with the greatest output is the Master in Direction and Management of International Projects. They typically focus on developing complex projects in multinational environments with all kinds of profiles. There are many professionals in the United States who study this type of study, but you can also study outside the US and have a good reputation. Major Engineering, Infrastructure, and now also technology projects require this type of profile. You can find several examples of this program in search engines. The standouts include:
- International Master in Direction and Project Management
- Institute (PMI)® with Online emphasis
- International BIM Master Manager
- What Is an MBA Degree? - September 25, 2022
- 10 Institutions With The Best MBA Programs in The World - September 25, 2022
- 10 Free Certified Professional Online Courses on LinkedIn - September 23, 2022