In Primavera P6, Thresholds can be used to set warning or error limits for certain project parameters.
A warning or error message is displayed on the Project Issues page when the activity parameter value is outside the Thresholds values limit.
This feature helps project monitors (Primavera users) to monitor project performance and take corrective action on the issues displayed.
To use Thresholds on the Primavera P6, follow these steps:
- Open the Project for which you want to set Thresholds.
- Click on the Project -> Thresholds menu.
- On the Thresholds page, click the Add (+) button to create new Thresholds.
- Next, click on the Threshold Parameter column to select the parameter you want to set.
- After that, in the Select Threshold Parameter window, select the parameter:
- Then click on the General tab in the details section (below).
- Enter the “Thresholds” value in the Lower Threshold and Upper Threshold columns.
- Select WBS in the WBS to Monitor section.
- Next, select the level to be monitored, whether at the Activity level or the WBS level, in the Detail to Monitor section.
- Then select Activity Status or WBS (Enabled or Disabled) and select Issue Priority.
- Next, to apply the configured data, go to the Tools -> Monitor Thresholds…
- Select Use original windows monitor thresholds.
- Click Monitors.
- To view results, go to the Project Issues page: Project -> Issues.
After you set Thresholds, those values will be applied to the selected parameters in your project.
If the activity parameter value is outside the Threshold values, a warning or error message will be displayed on the Project Issues page, and you can take the appropriate corrective action.
You can also do almost the same by using the filter feature on the Primavera P6.
With filters in Primavera, you can display activities that you have limited or fit your desired filtering criteria.
By filtering on the Activities page, you can also see the activities in the Bar Chart view.
- Importing Bulk Activities and Relationships from Excel to Primavera P6 - May 31, 2023
- How to Create Activity STEPS in Primavera P6 - May 28, 2023
- S Curve vs. Gantt Chart: Differences and Advantages - May 18, 2023