In the following example, the progress of project activities as of February 25, 2021, is as follows:
|Activity ID||Activity Name||Started||Finished||%|
|Design and Engineering|
|HP1000||Design Building Addition||1-Jul-21||1-Sep-21||100%|
|HP1010||Start Office Building Addition Project||1-Jul-21||100%|
|HP1030||Review and Approve Designs||24-Aug-21||17-Sep-21||100%|
|HP1050||Assemble Technical Data for Heat Pump||23-Sep-21||29-Sep-21||100%|
|HP1160||Review Technical Data on Heat Pumps||28-Sep-21||18-Oct-21||100%|
|HP1090||Begin Building Construction||20-Sep-21||100%|
|HP1320||Install Underground Water Lines||8-Dec-21||14-Dec-21||100%|
|HP1330||Install Underground Electric Conduit||3-Dec-21||11-Dec-21||100%|
|HP1340||Form/Pour Concrete Footings||28-Dec-21||27-Jan-22||100%|
|HP1350||Concrete Foundation Walls||1-Feb-22||70%|
|HP1190||Prepare and Solicit Bids for Heat Pump||21-Oct-21||6-Nov-21||100%|
|HP1240||Review Bids for Heat Pump||11-Nov-21||21-Nov-21||100%|
|HP1270||Award Contract for Heat Pump||23-Nov-21||30-Nov-21||100%|
|HP1290||Fabricate and Deliver Heat Pump and Controls||1-Dec-21||14%|
|HP1040||Assemble Brick Samples||20-Sep-21||100%|
|HP1070||Review and Approve Brick Samples||20-Sep-21||18-Oct-21||100%|
|HP1180||Prepare and Solicit Bids for Brick Exterior||19-Oct-21||4-Nov-21||100%|
|HP1220||Review Bids for Brick||5-Nov-21||23-Nov-21||100%|
|HP1260||Award Contract for Brick||24-Nov-21||29-Nov-21||100%|
|Floor and Carpeting|
|HP1060||Assemble and Submit Flooring Samples||20-Sep-21||100%|
|HP1080||Review and Approve Flooring||20-Sep-21||18-Oct-21||100%|
|HP1170||Prepare and Solicit Bids for Flooring||19-Oct-21||16-Nov-21||100%|
|HP1250||Review Bids for Flooring||18-Nov-21||4-Dec-21||100%|
|HP1300||Award Contract for Flooring||6-Dec-21||9-Dec-21||100%|
|HP1310||Fabricate and Deliver Flooring||10-Dec-21||23%|
Activity that is still In Progress with Percent Complete Type Physical, such as at the HP1350 activity, fill in the Remaining Duration column with six days.
Also, read How to create a baseline in Primavera.
The Remaining Duration will be calculated automatically for activities that are still in progress using Percent Complete Type Duration (HP1290 and HP1310).
The steps to update the actual data, according to the data table above, are as follows:
- Open the project to be updated. In this example, open the EC005011 Haitang Corporate Park project.
- To fill in the actual date, select the activity for which you want to enter the actual date.
- In the Details section, select the Status tab.
- Click on the Checklist column in the Started section for activities that have started and the Finished column if the activity has been completed (completed).
- If your actual date is different from the planned date, you can change it by clicking on the three-dot box […] on the right side of the date and then selecting the actual date.
- For activities that are still in progress enter only the start date, as below. To fill in the percentage of activity completion, fill it in the Physical % column, or you can fill it in the Activity % Complete column. Fill in according to the progress of the activity.
As a note: The % Complete type will match the % Complete Type you selected, namely Duration, Physical, or Units.
If your choice is Duration, then the display in the Details -> Status section, as below:
If your choice is Physical, then the display in the Details -> Status section, as below:
If your choice is Units, then the display in the Details -> Status section, as below:
- Continue to fill in the actual data as shown in the table below.
- At the HP1100 activity on the STEP tab, check the Completed column by clicking on it. Also, fill in the actual data (Started, Finished) and % Progress according to the data given in the table.
- Enter the Auto Compute Actuals column in the activity table. If activities have the same actual date as the Baseline date (initial plan), click on the Auto Compute Actuals column.
If you do not click on the Auto Compute Actuals column, then the activities that which actual date has not been filled in and the baseline date is less than the Cutoff Date will shift to the same as the Cutoff Date (New Data Date) + 1 day, after the Apply Actuals.
For example, if the activity has not started yet, the plan will start one day after the cutoff date (October 31, 2021, will start on November 1, 2021). Or, if the activity is still in progress, the remaining duration will be calculated from the cutoff date.
The difference between Apply Actuals and Schedule [F9] is, all activities dates on the Apply Actuals that do not contain the actual date will be shifted to one day after the cutoff date (not sequential according to the relationship), as in the example image below:
While in Schedule [F9], all activities will shift according to their relationship (sequential) starting from the scheduling date, as shown in the example below:
- Next go to Tools menu -> Apply Actuals…, fill in the New Data Date column with February 25, 2022. This date is the actual Cuttoff Date date. After that, click the Apply button.
The results are as follows:
• Then, you can reschedule (Tools -> Schedule…) using the Cutoff Date (Current Data Date) on February 25, 2022.
Also, read step by step tutorial Primavera.